Things you will need:
16 oz glass spray bottle
2 teaspoons borax
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup distilled water
10 drops tea tree essential oil
Are there any stains on your carpet that you want to get rid of?
Let’s face it. Carpet stains are inevitable. We spill our drinks, our pets have accidents and kids get sick. There are just so many things happening that lead to stains on the carpet. They’re quite common actually but before hiring professional help, think about making your own remedy to carpet stains using natural ingredients.
There are many natural ingredients that you can take advantage of to make a natural carpet cleaner spray that gets rid of stains.
1. White vinegar is an effective natural cleaner. It can disinfect and deodorize. Vinegar helps treat carpet stains.
2. Borax is an all-natural mineral. It is a powerful natural cleaner that can effectively remove stains. It can also neutralize odors and brighten whites and colors in the laundry.
3. Water dissolves the borax and dilutes the carpet cleaner. Using distilled water extends the shelf life of your carpet cleaner spray.
4. Tea tree essential oil is a great deodorizer and disinfectant. It can prevent mold and mildew with its powerful antifungal properties.
1. Using a funnel, add 2 teaspoons of borax to 16 oz or a bigger glass spray bottle.
2. Add 1 cup of white vinegar.
3. Add 1 cup distilled water
4. Add 10 drops tea tree essential oil
5. Put on the spray top and shake well
HOW TO USE
1. Treat stains immediately so that they will be easy to remove.
2. Remove any solid material on the carpet.
3. Blot up any liquid stain using a clean cloth.
4. Do not rub any stain or dirt because rubbing will only spread the stain and make it stick more.
5. Shake the carpet cleaner well before spraying.
6. Spray the cleaner directly on the stain. Only spray enough to make it damp, not soaking wet.
7. Allow the cleaner to do its work on the stain by leaving it for 5 to 10 minutes.
8. When the cleaner had done its magic, use c clean cloth to blot up and remove the stain. Remember not to rub.
9. Repeat if necessary.
10. Once the stain is removed, neutralize the solution by blotting the carpet with another clean white cloth dipped in water. This will stop the cleaning action of the carpet cleaner.
11. Blot with a dry cloth and allow to dry.
This homemade carpet cleaner spray is all-natural and is a powerful stain remover. It breaks through dirt and grime. Not only is it gentle on the carpet, but it also deodorizes, leaving your carpet clean and smelling fresh.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to receive more helpful and interesting tips on staying clean, smelling good and living a happier life!