What are shower steamers? Shower steamers are also known as shower melts and shower bombs. They are similar to bath bombs but rather than placing them into a tub, shower steamers are placed on the floor of the shower. The steam and the water release the fragrance oils into the air, creating a steamy spa-like shower.
Shower steamers are the new bathroom beauty trend. They add a touch of luxury to the daily routine of cleansing. Some people prefer a shower to a bath simply because they don’t have enough time. Soaking in the bathtub every day seems unrealistic. Also, there are some people who live in small apartments and they don’t have a tub. These reasons made shower steamers popular. They turn a regular shower into an extraordinary one full of fragrance.
It’s actually easy to make shower steamers. Let’s start!
1. First, prepare the ingredients and the equipment. You will need a medium-sized mixing bowl, a mixing fork, a fine metal sieve, a spray bottle, and an ice cube tray or any mold you prefer. The ingredients listed below will make about 12 cookie-shaped shower steamers.
The baking soda is the base of the shower steamers. Epsom salts and the witch hazel are available in most groceries and pharmacies, either in the first aid or bath section.
2. Thoroughly mix all the dry ingredients together in the bowl. Put the baking soda and cornstarch through the fine metal sieve. It is important to make sure there are absolutely no lumps.
3. Add the fragrance oil to the dry mixture. It is easier to mix the ingredients well with a fork.
4. In a spray bottle, mix 1 part honey and 3 parts witch hazel. Shake well. Spray the dry ingredients three times and mix quickly. Repeat this until you have achieved the consistency of mixture that you can pick up and squeeze together without it crumbling. You can add a bit of water if the mixture becomes too dry. It should feel like wet sand.
5. Pack the mixture into the molds and unmold them when they are a bit dry. Place the molded shower steamers on a flat surface like a cookie sheet. Let them completely dry overnight. Keep the shower steamers in an airtight container until ready to use.
When you take a shower, put one on the floor. It is better to put it in a spot where it will be out of the main shower spray but still gets hit with some water. The steam from the shower and the water will dissolve the baking soda and release the scent of the fragrance oil into the air.
Take your daily showers into the next level. Try different kinds of fragrance oils. Smell good and feel good when you step out of the shower!
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to receive more helpful and interesting tips on staying clean, smelling good and living a happier life!